Now in its 13th year, almost 300 leading people from local businesses and other organisations gathered together to celebrate achievements at the annual 2020 Ball and Business awards held at the John Fretwell Sporting Complex, Mansfield.
Hosted by Mansfield and Ashfield 2020 business networking group the night acknowledged and rewarded the success and achievements of local businesses, organisations and their staff. It also recognised their contribution to the economic development of the north Nottinghamshire area. It celebrated the excellence, hard work and sheer determination of local people.
There were 8 categories of Awards ranging from Entrepreneurial Spirit to Business of the Year and also the ‘2020 Outstanding Contribution to Mansfield and Ashfield’ Award.
Winners (and the category) throughout the night were:
- Portland Pathways – Commitment to the Community 2019
- Mansfield Building Society – Business in the Community 2019
- Luan Windley of The Adventure Service/Vision West Nottinghamshire College – Young Apprentice of the Year 2019
- Fidler & Pepper Lawyers – Customer Focus Initiative
- Halo Recruit – Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Midlands Asset Finance Ltd – Excellence in Innovation & Design
- PNE Controls Limited – New Business of the Year 2019
- Premier Security 24/7 UK Ltd – Business of the Year 2019
- A Special Award was given to Queen Elizabeth’s Academy for their work under the ‘Commitment to the Community’ banner.
The highly respected ‘Outstanding Contribution to Mansfield and Ashfield’ Award was given to Tony Delahunty in recognition of his work to promote Ashfield and Mansfield. Over the last couple of decades not only has Tony been the ‘guiding mind’ behind Mansfield 103.2, our local radio station, he has tirelessly and continuously supported the local community in many ways. This has covered all sorts of things, including being President of Mansfield & District Scout Association, as well as being a promoter and champion of a variety of charities and events.
Commenting on this Award Russell Jones, Chairman of 2020, said, “Tony has done so much for our area and within our community. He’s committed to improving the area, driving the economy forward and simply making things happen! He is an inspiration and we are very proud of him!
Mansfield and Ashfield 2020 is a not-for-profit organisation and very much relies on the loyalty of members and sponsorship to be able to host such a prestigious event. Main sponsors were:
- i Sourcer;
- Mansfield Building Society.
and each award category being individually sponsored by:
- Ashfield District Council;
- Ashfield Effluent Services;
- Asmech Systems Ltd;
- Banner Jones Solicitors;
- Discover Ashfield;
- Mansfield District Council;
- Personnel Solutions (Midlands) Limited;
- R.E.A.L Education;
- Ron Brooks Mansfield Ltd.
The marketing and media partners included Mandarin Creative, News Journal, Mansfield 103.2 radio, the Chad and AdB Audio Visual.
Beefy’s Caricatures provided the entertainment throughout the evening followed by the fabulous band, Gentlemen of Leisure, who had everyone up and dancing until the early hours.
Chairman Russell Jones stated, “Without the loyalty of our members and valued support from our sponsors we would not have been able to have held an event that simply overwhelmed our attendees and rightfully delivered an evening that everyone truly deserved. For that, we are extremely grateful to them.”
He added, “This was our 13th Annual Awards Evening and each year we attract more and more businesses – not only to enter for an award but to join us on the night to celebrate our community and support one another. This is a true reflection of the desire and drive to put Mansfield and Ashfield on the map! The atmosphere was electric and we are very proud to be able to host an event that truly showcases excellence.”