De Vere Venues’ Orchard Hotel, Nottingham, celebrated its 1st Birthday with a bang on Thursday 7th November, hosting an autumnal event that dazzled – with an awe inspiring firework display to mark the occasion.
A raft of attendees, including local and national businesses, University of Nottingham VIP’s as well as media received a warm welcome to the 202-bed eco-hotel despite the chilly weather outside. They arrived to a fairground style feast which included mini-hot dogs, steaming spiced monkfish scampi and a hearty hog roast.
Continuing the autumnal theme, guests were served a range of delicious desserts, which included pumpkin pie, popping candy and traditional toffee apples, which adorned the branches of a tree, serving as a striking centre piece to the party.
Once guests had experienced some of the famous De Vere Venues’ hospitality, General Manager Lasse Hogberg took to the floor, welcoming the crowds, before cutting the impressive birthday cake to much applause.
As night drew in, guests wrapped up warm and headed out into the 330 acre University of Nottingham complex, where the evening culminated in a glittering firework display, which lit up the Nottingham sky line in a celebration of colour.
Following an impressive first year of trading, Lasse Hogberg commented, “Given what we have achieved over the last 12 months, I can’t believe this is only our first birthday! 2013 has seen The Orchard achieve a BREEAM rating of ‘Excellent’ which recognises low impact buildings incorporating the best in environmental practices, a wonderful accolade that we were keen to achieve when we first began construction of The Orchard.’’
‘’In addition, we already rank as the #2 hotel in Nottingham on TripAdvisor with a 9.1/10 rating, and have recently become the only ‘superb’ rated hotel in the city via Booking.com. All in all, it has been a year of fantastic success!”
De Vere Venues, the UK’s No1 provider of meeting, conference and event space has continued to invest in the £20m Orchard eco-hotel since its launch in November 2012, with improvements such as increasing Wi-Fi through-out the venue to 100mb, creating a TV lounge for travelers, redesigning the library area and upgrading all Executive rooms to include added extras such as docking stations.
Other features and benefits include:
- 202 en-suite bedrooms, including 55 executive suites and five accessible bedrooms
- Bramley’s, a 120 seat brasserie-style restaurant as well as a contemporary bar area
- Four meeting and training rooms offer space for up to 20 delegates
- Accessible roof-top gardens, a glass atrium reception and lobby which is flooded with natural daylight, floor-to-ceiling windows, bespoke furniture and unique decor throughout
- Mezzanine level providing a stunning area for private hire in the evening for up to 100 guests
- On site gym facilities
- The adjacent East Midlands Conference Centre offers flexible meeting space accommodating between 10 and 850 delegates, with 21 flexible meeting rooms, state-of-the-art audio-visual equipment, free Wi-Fi throughout