Australian No.1 Ashleigh Barty has become the latest player to confirm her entry at this year’s Nottingham Open.
The World No. 20, who was a quarter-finalist in Nottingham last year, joins British number one Johanna Konta and 2017 winner Donna Vekic in committing to the tournament which runs from 9th to 17th June.
The 21-year-old Australian, who returns to Nottingham for a third successive year, said: “I’m excited to start my grass season in Nottingham again this year.
“I feel very much at home on the UK grass courts and always enjoy playing this tournament.”
The fourth Nottingham Open has created a lot of interest and tickets sales are high throughout the week, which includes limited capacity for the semi-finals on Saturday 16th June.
Nottingham Open Tournament Director, Rebecca James, said: “It’s wonderful that Ashleigh will be returning to Nottingham this year. As a former Junior Wimbledon Champion she has great skills on grass and is an exciting and talented player to watch. She adds strength to the WTA player field which just builds the anticipation even more as we get nearer to this year’s event.
“Tickets are selling really well, so players and spectators alike will be in for a fantastic experience, with the sell-out crowds last year providing such a buzz around the venue. It shows how popular the Nottingham Open is becoming and it is shaping up to be another thrilling week of tennis.”
Click here for more information on the Nottingham Open and to buy your tickets.